Who We Are
Open Doors We want to be your community church where you seek to grow in relationship with God in Jesus Christ and neighbor.
Open Hearts We share life together, in its great joys and heavy burdens as a Christian community. We grow in love of God and neighbor by caring for the vulnerable and marginalized in our community. In fellowship, we care for one another, celebrate milestones of life and faith, pray for the community, and seek to live out God’s calling in our life.
Open Minds We hear scripture preached, sung, and prayed in worship and we study scripture in small groups because it helps us see and hear God’s call. In the gospels we see the clearest example of God’s love in the world through Jesus. We are open to the ways the Spirit continues to teach us who God is through scripture, our tradition, our reason, and our experiences. Because of this, we have open hearts and minds to the ways that God’s Spirit continues to reveal new ways of interpreting scripture, tradition, and experiences as we endeavor to live out love of God and neighbor in new and changing contexts.
Worship & Sunday School
- Worship is at 10:30am on Sunday morning in our Sanctuary and online. Each Sunday we worship at 10:30am in the sanctuary with traditional liturgy, relevant preaching, and excellent music from hymns to bluegrass. We celebrate Holy Communion in worship each week. You are invited to participate in all ministries of the church.
- All are invited to participate in Holy Communion.
Wednesday Night Meal & Activities
- Each Wednesday night, we offer dinner from 5:45-6:30p. Cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children (12 & under). Register each Monday by texting 615-268-8667 with the number of adult and children’s meals you need.
- Wednesday Bible study is in the Fellowship Hall at 6:30p. All are invited to come and participate.
- Children’s music and bible lesson/activities are from 6:30p – 7:30p.
- Our choir practices on Thursday nights from 6:30-7:30p and lead in worship on Sundays.
- We also have ample opportunities for musicians to use their gifts in worship.
Nursery & Children
- Childcare is provided during Sunday worship by paid childcare staff. The nursery is accessible through the Fellowship Hall or through doors on each side of the front of the Sanctuary.
- Children are invited to worship with us during Sunday worship. There is a children’s message offering in the worship service, after which children 4 years and younger are invited to go to the Nursery. They return to the Sanctuary for Holy Communion.
- The church abides by a Safe Sanctuary policy that protects youth and children.
- Youth group is on Wednesday night. All youth grades 6-12 are invited to participate.
- Parking is available in the church lot directly in front of the church on North Main Street.
- Additional parking is available in the gravel lot behind the church. Overflow parking is available in the Goose & Gander Daycare parking lot across the street from the church.
- Handicap spaces are available.
How Do I Join the Church?
- Contact Rev. Kelli Hamilton to meet for conversation and coffee to learn more about Kingston Springs UMC, United Methodism, ways to plug in at the church, and the vows of membership.